Moving out is a very hard task especially for first timer. The top essential task to do before moving out is to plan the move out at least 12 weeks before the actual day. This ensures smooth transfer of things and records to the new place.
Below are the tasks one should do before moving out:
- Check the budget for moving expenses.
- Research for companies that offers cheap moving aid.
- Reserve the move day ahead of time.
- Compile medical, dental and prescription records. This is very important especially if a person is under medical checkups. These records are very valuable they should be sealed in a plastic envelope or small vacuum storage bags to be sure.
- If unsure with the doctor in the new town a person should go, ask for a referral from the former physician.
- Legal documents such as land title and financial record should also be kept in a tight sealed storage to avoid water spills and other destructive agents.
- Arrange school transfer.
- If you have active membership, inquire to the company if you could transfer or your use membership to other branch.
- Write down the movable items inside the house; separate it from unmovable items.
- Segregate all things inside the house. Separate the things that are still usable, things that can sell and things that can be donated. Use plastic containers, much better vacuum storage bags in separating the three.
- File change of address in the Post Office in case of unexpected mails and parcels.
- Notify companies that services are being availed such as electric, water, telephone, Internet connection and cable of the move out.
- If pets and plants will come together in the move out, plan how they will be transferred.
- Flammable and poisonous items should be disposed and not be carried in the new place.
- Notify schools, dentist, attorney, health insurance provider and other professional service of the move out.
- Call and inform the bank or banks of the change of address.
- Consume all perishable foods one week before the move out.
- Store all can goods to be consumed for the first 2 days after the move out.
- Order boxes and vacuum storage bags for storing house stuff.
- Use vacuum storage bags in packing clothes, linens, mattresses, pillows, curtains and the likes. The storage bag is a real space saver and very dependable in cases such as moving out.
Keep these considerations in mind and be sure to review the moving plan two days before the move out to ensure smooth and safe transfer. Furthermore, don’t forget to include vacuum storage bags on your list to keep your cloth stuffs in proper place.